Soil Stewardship -- 2 Advance
- Kaitlyn Castro, Gilmer
- James Sugg, Henderson
- Caroline Baldree, Carthage
- Clinton Skippings, Tatum
Extemporaneous Speaking -- 2 Advance
- Daniel Cleckler, Whitehouse
- Kaitlyn Castro, Gilmer
- Carter Wheat, Henderson
- Luke Masterson, Fruitvale
- Decorian Menefee, Big Sandy
- Adrian Santiesteban, Chapel Hill
- Evan Purviance, Rivercrest
- Christian Floyd, White Oak
Junior Prepared -- 2 Advance
- Pepper White, Waskom
- Lucy Moore, Bullard
- Savannah Millican, Beckville
- Madison Perkins, Gilmer
- Kenna Lane, North Hopkins
- Cade Stovall, Alba-Golden
- Emma Warden -- Gilmer
- Jalyn Hrabal, North Hopkins
Senior Prepared Ag Tech & Communications -- 1 Advances
- Ashlyn Ellgass, Lindale
- Mattie Craig, Henderson
- Caitlyn Hobbs, Chapel Hill
- Jaycee Littleton, Simms
Senior Prepared Ag Policy -- 1 Advances
- Jade Spencer, Canton
- Nathan Scolaro, Chapel Hill
- Kenya Narvaez, Ore City
- Jacee Pinson, White Oak
Senior Prepared Animal Science -- 1 Advances
- Jeremiah Steph, Beckville
- Emmy Walley, Whitehouse
- Eva Hernandez, Chapel Hill
- Anna Pickering, Redwater
Senior Prepared Natural Resource -- 1 Advances
- Jessica Stephens, Canton
- Alyssa Hurley, Whitehouse
- Macy Watson, Henderson
- Sydnee Neal, Como-Pickton
Senior Prepared Agribusiness -- 1 Advances
- Isabella Moore, Bullard
- Addi Fisher, Grand Saline
- Faith Wheeler, North Hopkins
- Kassidy Bogle, Henderson
Senior Prepared Plant Science -- 1 Advances
- Karlie Lowe, Bullard
- Audrey Nolan, Gilmer
- Shanna Sebring, Whitehouse
- Lara Chenault, Henderson
Area 6 FFA Degree Check Information
- Click HERE to choose the committees you would like to serve on.
- Texas FFA Degree Check Policy Read 26.4 for any clarification, definition, etc about Lone Stars!
At District Check -
- See Policy 7.1 & 7.2
- Record books must accompany Lone Stars, Americans, Stars, and Proficiency Applications
- It is at the Districts' discretion to determine the number of copies needed for Stars. It may not be necessary to print 4 sets.
- Honorary Lone Star Degrees (Teacher and Non-teacher) Hon award applications We have not seen our allotments, but will have several.
- VATAT Awards must be selected - VATAT Awards Please don't nominate someone until they have seen the application!!
Monday, May 13 - 2 pm Region 8 Service Center
- Lone Star Farmer Pre-Check - If your chapter has an application, an advisor from that chapter must attend and participate.
- Area Officer Meeting
- Area Star American Check - no students, bring 1 set total, and 3 copies of rubric
Saturday, May 18 - 8:30 am Region 8 Service Center
- Honorary Applications must be typed and turned in.
- Star American winning applications must be turned in. (I will leave with all of these applications for Austin that afternoon.)
According to Area 6 Policy Manual:
7.1 Advisor Responsibilities
- All award candidates will be submitted online to www.judgingcard.com prior to District Degree Check.
- All applications will be checked at the district degree check. If applications do not arrive at, and qualify from, district check then they will forfeit advancement to the Area Degree Check.
- Every advisor that has an application at degree check must be there to actively participate on a degree check committee. This includes Lone Star FFA degrees. Pre-check does not exempt a teacher from that responsibility.
7.2 Submission Requirements
- All applications approved and winners declared at the District Degree Check will be advanced on judgingcard.com to the Area Degree Check by the District President.
- All applications submitted to Area Degree Check should be complete.
- All applications submitted to Area Degree Check must include the applicable rubric. Rubrics will not be provided.
- Area Star Award candidates must submit 4 copies of the Star Battery, Application and applicable Rubric at the Area VI LSF pre-check. Star Rubrics
- Proficiency Awards submitted to Area Degree Check must be complete, and receive a minimum score of 80, when critiqued with applicable rubric, to advance to State Degree Check. Proficiency applications that are single entries or are 1st place in a category that didn’t meet the 80 point threshold will be reviewed by an appointed committee for consideration for advancement. If the committee deems the application can move forward with corrections, it will advance to state. Proficiency Rubrics